Thursday

Presentation preparation



LO1: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the key principles of, and context for your subject.
To further my development I also explored dying my own fabrics in different weights and manipulating them with my pleats. I feel the closer tighter pleats work well, however my drawign featured lines of verying distances appart, which I also created in my folds.

Paco Rabanne worked with folded paper begining in the 1960's. His work has inspired me to work with different weights of paper and to explore folding the paper in differernt ways. The paper holds well and remains in shape. I worked from my inital drawings from my sketchbook when manipulating the paper.
Development brought pleats into my work. I double clothed warp allowed me to create ribs and pleats of different sizes and my cad design on Illustration allowed me to play with how to apply pleats to my design design. I played with different pleat techniques at differnt angles and widths apart.



Tone, gradation, blurring, smudged, washed, blend, layers, over lapped, pastels, bolds,
lines, structure, grooves, curves, dashes, folds, dabs,

On Monday I have to do a presentation on my work as part of my assessment. I want to include the following points: Where my inital ideas came from, my development of these ideas, and how I represented my work into my chosen context.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exhibitions and Craft Fairs

  • 2013
  • December 6th- Lavenham Christmas Festival
  • November 9th- Lavenham Christmas Fair, Suffolk
  • November 8th- Cockfeild Christmas Shopping Event
  • NOW ON: November 19th-30th No.70 Pop up Shop, Lavenham
  • October 12th- Autumn Craft Fair, Hadleigh Town Hall, Suffolk
  • 2012
  • November 16th- Christmas Shopping Event, Suffolk
  • June 27th- 30th July- New Designers
  • June 26th- 3rd July 2012- Degree Show, Norwich
  • February 2012- Premier Vision, Paris