Thursday

Nautical







After working with printed techniques I moved on to explore the constructed textile disaplines. The introduction to hand knitting and machine knitting sparked a need to return to my love of construction methods. I love my work to be bulky and to have its own weight. Knitting allowed me to push this concept to my full potential. Experimenting with a range of different materials to hand knit, from platic, to thick rope and wire. I was very enthusiastic to learn how to machine knit, as I liked how quickly I could construct my ideas, and try multiple techniques within the same sample.
My inspiration came from nautical objects such as links and chains as well as stripes. All related directly to the construction of knitting. Taking a trip to my local marina I was able to photograph robes, cables, links and chains ect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exhibitions and Craft Fairs

  • 2013
  • December 6th- Lavenham Christmas Festival
  • November 9th- Lavenham Christmas Fair, Suffolk
  • November 8th- Cockfeild Christmas Shopping Event
  • NOW ON: November 19th-30th No.70 Pop up Shop, Lavenham
  • October 12th- Autumn Craft Fair, Hadleigh Town Hall, Suffolk
  • 2012
  • November 16th- Christmas Shopping Event, Suffolk
  • June 27th- 30th July- New Designers
  • June 26th- 3rd July 2012- Degree Show, Norwich
  • February 2012- Premier Vision, Paris