Thursday

Florals


Defining Detail



Applying Texture


Exploring Scale



Florals are often very samey and predictable, however in September, I went about designing my own range of "floral" inspired cloths, on a range of different fabrics. Inspiration came from the city of Norwich, where I was set a task to "sat nav the city". Also a trip to Norwich Castle lead to a task set to "mimic the masters", where I produced a number of drawings taking key ellements of others work. My main focus was the floral teapot collection from the castle.

Experimenting with scale I worked on a enlarged scale which I feel was effective. Also explored texture and detail I spent considerable time on each design. The colours are strong and bold and have now become my signature identity within my work. My developement focused around a motif which I screen printed onto mercerised cotton and silk cloth, working with repeat patterns, multiple colour and scale. Also working with heat transferable ink I was able to over lap my designs quickly and effectively. Over all I am pleased with my final collection of cloths.

1 comment:

  1. Love this..very interesting insight into your projects..i'm keen to read more of your posts!!

    ReplyDelete

Exhibitions and Craft Fairs

  • 2013
  • December 6th- Lavenham Christmas Festival
  • November 9th- Lavenham Christmas Fair, Suffolk
  • November 8th- Cockfeild Christmas Shopping Event
  • NOW ON: November 19th-30th No.70 Pop up Shop, Lavenham
  • October 12th- Autumn Craft Fair, Hadleigh Town Hall, Suffolk
  • 2012
  • November 16th- Christmas Shopping Event, Suffolk
  • June 27th- 30th July- New Designers
  • June 26th- 3rd July 2012- Degree Show, Norwich
  • February 2012- Premier Vision, Paris